The middle of the week has been quieter this week, with the MLS season over and no Champions League in place. However, even on a quiet week like this, we see 30 USMNT eligible players ready to play. Let’s get into it!
- Venice vs. Ternana, 9a at Paramount +Bossio and Tesman helped Venezia snatch points from Juventus in a 1-1 draw at the weekend. They face a second-tier side in the Coppa Italia round of 32.
- Barcelona vs Boca Juniors 12 AMSergiño Dest and Barça face Boca Juniors in a friendly match in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Ostensibly in honor of Diego Maradona, the game is sure to make money too.
- Wolfsburg – Cologne, 2:30 p.m. on ESPN+ (Free trial)John Brooks has found himself on the bench in Wolfsburg’s last two games, which has led to many stories surrounding his situation with the club and new coach Florian Kohfeldt.
- Norwich City v Aston Villa2:45 pm on the peacock: Josh Sargent put in a solid performance in the 0-1 loss to Manchester United; Let’s see if he and the Canary Islands can do better against former Jack Grealish club. 19-year-old Jonathan Tomkinson played the Norwich bench against United at the weekend, and he’s a player to watch.
Also at work:
- Stuttgart vs. Bayern Munich, 12:30 p.m. on ESPN +Malik Tillmann has a goal in 3 first-team games for Bayern this fall, but he has yet to play in the league.
- Manchester Fifth Leeds United, 3p on NCBSN, Universo, fuboTV, Sling TVZack Stephens figures riding the pinecones as City face Marcelo Bielsa.
- Linares Deportivo v Deportivo Alavés, 3p on ESPN +: Matt Miazja was discharged due to Covid. His team faces a third-tier team in the second round of the King’s Cup.
- Anderlecht vs Saint-Truiden, 3amChris Durkin played in every game for Sint-Truiden through the weekend, despite only scoring 29 minutes in the league in November.
- Alkmaar vs. Heracles, 12 p.m: Luca de la Torre and Heracles enter the second round of the KNVB Cup.
- Borussia Monchengladbach – Eintracht Frankfurt, 12:30 pm on ESPN +Face the American defenders as Joe Scully hosts Timmy Chandler and Frankfurt.
- Augsburg – Leipzig, 2:30 p.m. on ESPN +Tyler Adams and Leipzig are in seventh place, five points behind the Champions League.
- Bayer Leverkusen – Hoffenheim, 2:30pm on ESPN+Match winner Chris Richards scored for Hoffenheim this weekend, and was named Man of the Match in the Bundesliga. Hoffenheim jumped above Freiburg and Union to take fourth place in the standings, and currently holds a spot in the Champions League.
- Ross County vs. Celtic, 2:45 am: Cameron Carter Vickers was in good shape for Celtic (who won 6 times in a row). CCV was named the best defender in Scotland last week, and in WhoScored’s Team of the week For the third time yesterday. He’s also in the Team of the Season so far, with Only 3 players in the entire league have a higher rating.
- PSV vs. Fortuna Sittard, 3p on GolTV, fuboTV (Free trial) Fantasy: Richie Leedsma made the bench twice for PSV Eindhoven’s first team since 4 key passes in 45 minutes with Young Eindhoven last Monday. The second round of the KNVB Cup could be the perfect opportunity for him to return to his first team.
Also at work:
- Raku Shestoshova vs. Gornick Zabrze, 12th floor: Ben Lederman has scored two goals and an assist for Rakoff in the past three weeks; The club is in fourth place, 6 points behind the first place in Poland.
- Dortmund v Greuther Fürth, 2:30 a.m. on ESPN +: Gio Reina will likely miss this match, but Julian Green and Timothy Tillman must be at their best to give Forth a chance against the BVB.
- Young Boys vs Basel 2:30 AMJordan Pivok and Young Boys are a disappointing fourth in Switzerland, but the league can be focused on now that European competition is over. Basel is three points ahead of second-placed Berne.
- Tenerife vs Eibar, 3am: While Chuck Moore has only 461 minutes in the league, Samuel Shashua has 1198 minutes, to go with 5 goals and 4 assists, which raises the question whether Venezuela can look forward to summoning him. They play in the second round of the King’s Cup.
- Arentero – Valencia, 1 pence on ESPN +Younes Moussa and Valencia will have some fun against their fourth-tier rivals in the King’s Cup.
- Chelsea Fifth Everton, 2:45p on NBCSN, Universo, fuboTV, Sling TVChristian Pulisic and the Blues host the Toffees, and Chelsea are third, one point behind Liverpool and one point behind Manchester City.
Also at work:
- Antwerp vs Eupen, 12:45 am: Sam Vines played 7 full consecutive games in the 1990s for Antwerp, who are third in Belgium.
- Llanera v Mallorca, 1p on ESPN +: Matthew Hoppe will likely miss this King’s Cup mismatch as he continues to recover from injury,
- Genk vs. Charleroi, 3p on ESPN+: Mark McKenzie Witnesses Genk’s Return; I’ve started 4 in a row for them.
- Boavista – Braga, 3:15 pm: Reggie Cannon gave a 26-minute show for Boavista this weekend, his first game in more than 5 weeks. They face Braga in the League Cup.
This is! Did you miss anything? Let me know in the comments below. Let’s see who wows this week!