PSG’s Mbappe talks ‘at a stalemate’ amid Real Madrid interest

The summer transfer period was different from any other period. See all the major deals and check out how we rank the biggest deals. And just because the window is closed until January, that doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue to surface. Here’s the latest gossip and speculation.

Important story: PSG talking to Mbappe

Talks about a new deal for Kylian Mbappe Paris Saint-Germain is “at a dead end” according to Diario AS, with no progress in negotiations with Real Madrid’s target in recent months.

The newspaper reported that “the situation is identical to what it was in August” when Mbappe, 22, was keen to move to the Bernabeu in the summer.

PSG have been upbeat about being able to persuade the striker to stay, but will be free to negotiate with other clubs in January, and AS says that “with each passing day, Mbappe is far from continuing in Paris”.

Sources told ESPN’s Alex Kirkland and Rodrigo Fayez in August that Madrid were willing to pay €200m on the day of the transfer deadline, but received no response and had to postpone their bid to stop the star.

– ESPN + guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup and more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant pass

live blog

12.28 GMT: Barcelona took a step to sign a Spain striker Ferran Torres But talks with Manchester City have so far proven unsuccessful, sources told ESPN’s Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens.

New coach Xavi Hernandez wants to add another attacking player to his squad in January, with ESPN reporting last week that Barcelona have also been polling City. Raheem Sterling And the Chelsea duo Timo Werner And Hakim Ziyech.

Barcelona also made Torres one of their primary targets, having monitored him since he first broke through at Valencia. The club believes that his experience in La Liga will facilitate the process of adaptation.

Director of football Matteo Alemani and chief executive Ferran Riverter were in Manchester on Friday to meet with City to discuss a move.

Sources told ESPN City’s initial response was that they were reluctant to part with Torres, who is expected to return from injury at the end of the year.

It is understood that Torres, 21, is open to a return to Spain, and sources added that City could open the door to an exit if they express a desire to leave.

However, they will demand more than €40m for the player they initially signed for €23m from Valencia in 2020.

11.41 GMT: Real Betis have made “significant progress” in talks with the playmaker Nabil Fikr On a new contract that could keep him at the club until 2026, Marca newspaper reported.

Fikr, 28, was on the verge of joining Liverpool from Lyon in 2018 – the year he was part of France’s World Cup-winning side – before the transfer collapsed.

He has shined since joining Betis a year later. This season, he is among the best La Liga players in terms of shots on goal, chances created and mistakes made, and the club is now keen to extend a deal that expires in June 2023.

Marca says there have been a series of meetings between club presidents and representatives of the fakir in recent weeks, and he will only reject “a financial and sporting offer he cannot refuse”.

10.48 GMT: Midfielders put Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool on alert Carne ChokwimicaThe Guardian reports the decision not to sign a new contract with Aston Villa.

The 18-year-old made his Premier League debut for Villa in the 1-1 draw in August against Brentford, having appeared as a league substitute against Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea last season when he was 17.

It is said that Chukwuemeka does not see a path to Villa’s first team, and is looking for opportunities elsewhere. The two Bundesliga giants, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, have also been linked with interest.

09.51 GMT: Michael Carrick supported the Manchester United team to adapt to him Ralph RangnickExtreme pressure style if and when the German took over at Old Trafford.

ESPN’s Rob Dawson has reported that United are intent on appointing former RB Leipzig boss Rangnick until the end of the season before appointing a new permanent manager in the summer.

Rangnick’s squads are notorious for pushing too hard, something United, led by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, were accused of not doing well before the Norwegian was sacked.

Carrick, who will be in charge of Sunday’s trip to Chelsea, remained silent about Rangnick’s impending arrival as interim manager until the end of the season at a news conference on Friday, but believes the squad will be able to adapt to whatever coach comes along. in a.

Asked whether he was kept informed about Rangnick’s appointment, he said, “Speculation and reports are speculation and reports.”

“Since I’m sitting here now preparing the team for the match [against Chelsea]. I have no other news to share with you on this front.”

Asked specifically if Rangnick could be successful in trying to apply his style of pressing with United’s group of players, Carrick said: “There are a lot of different styles in football.

“There is a group of players here, whoever comes in, they can adapt. There are some really good people in the team and I’m sure they will look to the future.”

09.00 GMT: Chelsea has yet to open new contract talks with Mason Mount But all sides are comfortable with the situation in contrast to reports in Spain of Real Madrid’s interest in him, sources told ESPN’s James Ole.

It has been suggested that the midfielder was unhappy at Stamford Bridge, specifically because of his role within the squad, but sources claim Mount is enjoying a healthy relationship with coach Thomas Tuchel and is focused on achieving further success with the Blues.

Negotiations have yet to begin on a new deal but the 22-year-old has two and a half years to run on his current deal and the club believes there is no need to rush in at the moment.

Talks are expected to start later in the season as Chelsea prioritize talks with several players whose deals expire next summer, mainly Antonio RudigerAnd Andreas ChristensenAnd Cesar Azpilicueta And Thiago Silva.

ESPN’s Notebook: The Inside Stories in Football

Paper Gossip (by Danny Lewis)

– Marca mentioned that it would be a busy monthly transfer period for Real Madrid and went on to explain why. First, they will be able to speak freely with PSG Kylian MbappeChelsea Antonio Rudiger and Manchester United Paul Pogba About possible free transfers in the summer of 2022 – although they are still hesitant about whether they will move to the final two stages.

Luka JovicAnd Mariano Diaz And Jesus Vallejo Everyone can leave, while renovations to Vinicius Jr And Eder Militao will work on it. Nothing will be done about it MarceloAnd Isco And Gareth Bale, although they will all leave for free when the season ends.

Bayern Munich may be looking to sign a Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen In 2023 as Manuel Neuer gets older, reports Nacional. The BlaugranaThe Bavarians’ financial situation means they may be willing to discuss a deal if the Bavarians exceed his €55m market valuation. However, the tampon has a contract until 2025 and it is not a priority to empty it.

Juventus and Tottenham Hotspur are both interested in signing the Roma player Niccolo Zaniolo, as reported by Calciomercato. Roma will do their best to keep the Italian, although their plan is to extend the 22-year-old’s contract for another year, which could take him until 2025.

Newcastle United have been linked with a signature Ousmane DembeleBut Diario Sport indicated that the Frenchman had no interest in joining them. Barcelona accept the financial offer made, but Dembele wants a bigger sporting project and their team doesn’t like it – something that won’t change with any wage or package offered.

Inter Milan interested in the Sassuolo trio David FrattisiAnd Giacomo Raspadori And Gianluca Scamaca, as reported by Calciomercato. The deals of the first two are currently seen as complicated, but Skamaka could realistically be signed as a replacement for Eden Dzeko given their similar profiles. A good relationship between the two clubs will help in any potential deal.

nani He announced that his contract at Orlando City would not be extended and he would leave the club. The Portuguese winger spent three years in Orlando, but it is reported that the club did not make the option to extend this stay.

.

Leave a Comment