The summer transfer window was unlike any other, see all the big deals and see how we rank the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January, that doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue to surface. Here’s the latest gossip and speculation.
Important story: Ronaldo may replace Mbappe at Paris Saint-Germain
The domino effect is looming with reports that Cristiano Ronaldo He was offered to Paris Saint-Germain as a substitute for Kylian Mbappe.
Despite talk that the 36-year-old has ended his career at Old Trafford, El Nacional writes that Jorge Mendes has offered his client to Ligue 1 club in hopes of seeing him join Lionel Messi.
And as the clock continues to unravel on Mbappe’s contract, the 22-year-old is getting closer to realizing a dream at Real Madrid.
There is no sign of a renewal in sight, which means PSG may need to consider the Manchester United star, who crossed the 800-goal mark in Thursday’s victory over Arsenal, as a viable option if they fail to win the bidding war. NS Erling Haaland next summer.
– FC 100: What is the ranking of Ronaldo and Mbappe among the attackers?
– ESPN + guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup and more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
Arsenal have increased their interest in him Dusan Vlahovic They are looking to challenge Tottenham Hotspur for the much-needed striker. Tuttosport reports that Arsenal could move in as early as January, with the Premier League side also learning of the competition from Juventus. Vlahovic, 21, has been in great shape this season, scoring 12 goals in 15 league games.
– Niccolo Chira He writes that Juventus offer Federico Bernardeschi new decade. The Serie A club has proposed a three-year deal that includes a 30% salary cut, although the 27-year-old striker recently signed a new agent hoping to maintain its current rate of €7.4m a year.
– Hugo Lloris And according to Totomercato, he is also awaiting a new contract with Tottenham. Talks are expected to take place in the first week of January on a one-year extension that will see him stay in north London until 2023. Jordan PickfordBut that notion appears to have changed in the past two weeks, with the club now looking to hold on to the 34-year-old goalkeeper.
Mundo Deportivo writes it Ousmane DembeleHis agent held a three-hour meeting with Barcelona on Thursday as negotiations continued over a contract renewal. Despite the 24-year-old winger’s desire to stay at the Camp Nou, his representatives have delayed agreeing to a new deal, and as rumors spread that he was given an ultimatum, it appears that patience is running out among the players. Blaugrana Hierarchy.
Manchester City wants an agreed player exchange deal if allowed Ferran Torres To leave for Barcelona, according to the mirror. Select Pep Guardiola Frenkie de JongAnd Ansu Fati And pedry They are the three players he would like to include in any deal, after it was reported that Torres had agreed on personal terms with Barcelona on Wednesday.
– Another from Mundo Deportivo here suggests Nabil Fikr He agreed to a new contract with Real Betis. The 28-year-old attacking midfielder joined the club again in 2019 and, following rumors linking him with a move to the Premier League, will now commit to his future in La Liga as he extends his two-year extension until 2025.