LIVE Transfer Talk – Barcelona may bring Alexis Sanchez back to Camp Nou

The summer transfer period was not like any other period. See all the major deals and check out how we rank the biggest deals. And just because the window is closed until January, that doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue to surface. Here’s the latest gossip and speculation.

Important story: Sanchez may return to Barcelona

Alexis Sanchez He could return to Barcelona from Inter Milan in a move that will see Luke de Jong Go the other way, according to Sport.

Inter are happy to loan the Chilean striker to Barcelona, ​​perhaps because the 32-year-old has started just two games this season with two goals and made three assists from the 14 games he has played.

De Jong is on loan to Barcelona from Seville, but finds it difficult to play with Blaugrana, Inter are keen to bring the 31-year-old Dutchman to the San Siro to spruce up their attack.

The three clubs are now working together to try and complete the different moves. Sanchez is likely to be welcome in Catalonia, as he scored 47 goals and added 35 assists in 141 appearances during his last spell at the club between 2011 and 2014.

Now, it appears that it will be up to Barcelona president Xavi Hernandez to sign the deal and president Joan Laporta to cross the line.

– ESPN FC 100: Ranking of the best players in the world by position
– ESPN + guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup and more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)

live blog

08.00 GMT: Barcelona striker Sergio Aguero On Wednesday, he announced his retirement from football at the age of 33 due to a heart condition.

Aguero has not played since the end of October, when he was dislocated during the first half of Barcelona’s draw with Alaves after suffering chest pain.

Barcelona later announced that the discomfort was caused by an arrhythmia – a broad term to describe any completely abnormal heart rhythm – that required treatment over a three-month period.

Since then, the former Manchester City striker has been undergoing regular heart checks to monitor his health, and the results suggest it would be too risky to continue his career.

He announced his retirement at a press conference on Wednesday, joined by Barcelona President Joan Laporta.

Aguero is emotional said: “This conference announced that I have decided to stop playing professional football. It is a very difficult moment. The decision I have made is for my health; the problem I have had for a month and a half.

“I have been in good hands with the medical staff. I made the decision 10 days ago after I did everything possible to hope for some hope of playing. I am very proud of my career. I have always dreamed of a professional career since the first time I touched a ball at 5.

“I want to thank Atletico Madrid, who took the opportunity for me when I was 18, and Manchester City – everyone knows how I feel about City and how well they treated me there.”

– Ogden: Aguero’s great legacy is more than just his iconic goal

PAPER GOSSIP (by Nick Judd)

Newcastle United are looking to sign Kieran Trippier Coming from Atlético Madrid in January, new owners of Magpies are set to make the former Tottenham Hotspur player a higher-paid defender.

Talksport reports Trippier is a wanted man in the Northeast despite having six months to run under his contract with Madrid. Trippier was a key element in Atletico’s defense as he won the La Liga title last season. Several clubs including Manchester United and Arsenal tried and failed to lure him back to England, but it was said that a £25m bid would be enough for the Spaniards to agree to allow the 31-year-old to return to the Premier League.

Barcelona plans to make a surprise move for the Chelsea teenager Ian MatsonAccording to Football Insider. The 19-year-old left-back received great reviews during his loan spell at Coventry City. Although he is highly regarded at Stamford Bridge, the Blues face the prospect of losing to Barcelona in January before truly being given a chance to show what he can do in west London.

The teenager joined Chelsea from Eindhoven and signed for the club until 2024, but he has yet to make his debut. The Dutch Under-21 international also spent some time on loan at Charlton Athletic.

Conor Gallagher He will not be called up by Chelsea in January, according to Fabrizio Romano. The journalist’s claim came after the press conference held by Chelsea coach Thomas Tuchel, in which he admitted that he did not regret allowing the player to join the Eagles.

Gallagher was a revelation in Selhurst Park. At the start of December, he scored six goals and three assists for Crystal Palace, the most of any Premier League player aged 21 or younger, and added another double with a brace against Everton last weekend.

Arthur Melo He will leave Juventus in January, according to the journalist Niccolo Chira. The Brazilian midfielder does not fit in with coach Massimiliano Allegri’s plans, and the club are eager to see him move elsewhere on an 18-month loan, with any potential new club committed to buying his contract after that period. Sevilla, Roma and Arsenal have all been offered the 25-year-old, but the stumbling block could be his current salary, which equates to €6m plus bonuses.

.

Leave a Comment