The summer transfer period was not like any other period. See all the major deals and check out how we rank the biggest deals. And just because the window is closed until January, that doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue to surface. Here’s the latest gossip and speculation.
Top story: Aubameyang may move in the summer
Arsenal are open to letting Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Departing in January, but more likely to leave in the summer, the Daily Mail reports.
The drama is the latest between the player and the club, who are “not available for choice” when Arsenal face Leeds United on Saturday, according to Arsenal manager Michael Arteta.
It is believed that his disqualification could continue until he returns from playing in the African Cup of Nations with Gabon.
Aubameyang was stripped of leadership on Tuesday after a series of disciplinary cases, the latest of which was his return from a foreign trip later than agreed last week.
With Arteta’s situation in mind, it’s perhaps no surprise that Arsenal would be willing to discuss any transfer offers that come their way in next month’s window.
However, it is reported that the move is likely to materialize in the summer as it does, which means Arteta could face the task of reintegrating Aubameyang into the group.
He suggests Arsenal could wait to see how it goes without the striker before deciding whether to bring him back.
If they don’t, though, they will see a player earning £350,000 a week who doesn’t come onto the field. Aubameyang’s current contract runs until the summer of 2023.
– ESPN FC 100: Ranking of the best players in the world by position
– ESPN + guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup and more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
09.49 GMT: Chelsea are still chasing Seville Jules CondeSources told ESPN’s Julian Lorenz, with the possibility that a January move is not off the table as LaLiga club is ready to part with its €80m valuation.
The agreement of Antonio Rudiger, Thiago Silva, Andreas Christensen and Cesar Azpilicueta expires in the summer and no progress has been made in negotiations with them. Sources told ESPN that Barcelona are monitoring the situation with Azpilicueta.
And while sources said a move for Conde was likely in the summer, a January move was not ruled out. The sources said that Tuchel is a big fan of Conde, and his interest dates back to the period when he was coach of Paris Saint-Germain and Conde was in Bordeaux.
Chelsea were in direct negotiations with Sevilla over Conde’s transfer last summer, but the move collapsed when neither side could agree on a fee for the France international. LaLiga wanted the defender’s full release clause of £80m, but are now willing to negotiate a fee of between €50m and €60m for the player with two-and-a-half years remaining on his contract.
Sources have told ESPN that Conde is keen on a move to Stamford Bridge and believes the 23-year-old has agreed to a four- or five-year contract framework.
09.00 GMT: Diego Simeone refused to be disqualified Joao Felix Leaving Atletico Madrid in the January transfer window.
The 22-year-old joined from Benfica in 2019 in a €126m deal – the second-highest fee ever paid to sign a teenager – but has failed to perform consistently since then, or find a regular spot in Simeone’s starting team.
“I always understand everything, I am open to everything,” Simeone said at a press conference on Friday when asked if he would understand Joao Felix’s request to leave.
“The most important thing is the team. Joao is an important part of our team.”
The Portuguese striker has started only three matches in La Liga with Atletico this season, but was impressed as a second-half substitute in the derby, which they lost 2-0 to Real Madrid last Sunday.
“He has to repeat performances like the ones he made the day before at the Bernabéu,” Simeone said.
“He played 30-35 minutes and showed all the talent he had. Let’s hope he repeats it, because this is the player we need.”
Paper Gossip (by Danny Lewis)
Barcelona sees the goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen Untouchable, according to reports from Diario Sport. the Blaugrana He may have to offload players due to their financial problems, as previous reports said Bayern Munich are interested in the German. However, Barcelona coach Xavi Hernandez sees Ter Stegen playing a key role in getting the club back on the right track, which means that he will not receive any offers for him.
Krasnodar is ready to spend 10-12 million euros on a striker with New York City FC Valentine Castellanos One of their goals after being awarded the MLS Golden Boot, according to reports Niccolo Chira. The Russian outfit is also thinking about the Corinthians issue Roger GeddesWho scored seven goals in 19 matches in the Brazilian League.
Barcelona decided to cut Youssef DemirLoan period from Rapid Vienna Short, which alerted Bundesliga clubs, Diario Sport reported. The Catalan club had a €10m option to sign the 18-year-old permanently but will not do so, with Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen and Eintracht Frankfurt looking to sign the Austrian permanently.
– It occupies third place in the Italian league table, and Atalanta hopes to win the league title Scudetto And they are looking to build up in the January transfer window to help them do that, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. The first player they target is Sassuolo Jeremy God, who also tried to sign him over the summer. They also want to bring Morten Thorsby, although negotiations could prove difficult due to Sampdoria’s position in the league.
Granada will start talks in La Liga to sign the former Chelsea and Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa, as reported Akram Koner. The 33-year-old has been with Atletico Mineiro since August and has a contract that runs until December 2022, having just completed the domestic double in Brazil.