Emergency crews put out bedroom fire at Shropshire’s mental health acute centre

Redwoods Center

About a dozen firefighters went to Redwoods Center, in Shrewsbury, late on Saturday night.

Township crews wore breathing equipment and used water, a specialized camera and a pressure fan to vent smoke from the building, on Somerby Drive, in Picton Heath, at about 10.55 p.m.

No one was hurt, and the Redwoods coordinator said, “Everything is fine.”

The operations officer also attended the small bedroom fire. The teams left the venue around 12:30 AM.

Earlier that evening, the Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service also treated a chimney fire related to a wood-burning stove on a property, in Bromlow, near Minsterley, at 9.25pm. A crew from Minsterly used a specialized camera to check the heat spots in the building before leaving just before 10.10pm.

At Edgerley near Oswestry, crews also attended a chimney fire that extended into an exterior wall just before 7.40pm on Saturday.

Crews from Baschurch and Shrewsbury attended with the operations officer. They left around 9 pm.

In Wellington, two crews were called to put out a kitchen fire in a home, in Lawton Farm Way, caused by a grill oven at approximately 5.25 p.m. The firefighters left after a short time.

Leave a Comment